Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This ‘n’ That

My middle school granddaughter, Talli, is back at her Oregon home following an incredible 10 days in Japan.

She rode the Bullet Train to Hiroshima, ate all kinds of ethnic foods, went to school with her counterpart host and saw some famous Japanese historical sites. I’ll post some photos in the future as they might become available.

************

I didn’t get my one-person pontoon boat as yet. As nice as it would be to have one, I’m giving the whole idea some closer scrutiny before “jumping into" something. I’m just not sure, having a boat already, that I’ll use it enough to warrant the cost.

************

On the other hand, I’ve really got the fishing “bug.” There’s a good chance my trout line is gonna be in the water by tomorrow sometime, if not later today. I got my yard work done yesterday, so now I’m “free” for a short time to enjoy some piscatorial delights.

************

Our summer schedule is rapidly becoming so full it’s laughable. Kay Lynne and I each have individual trips planned to the Midwest, plus we’ll visit California together at least two or three times for different occasions. We’ve both got routine responsibilities at church, plus we have friends coming at different times from different places.

************

I guess I need to prioritize things. Otherwise, when am I gonna have enough time to fish?

No comments: