Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Fishing Itch Gets Scratched

Oooooh, aaaaaaahh. Does it feel good to scratch the itch – the fishing itch, that is.

Very early this morning I went to nearby (20 miles away) Wildcat Lake, where it was rumored the trout are still plentiful and the water is still nice and cool. Above are a couple of boaters lazily trolling past my shoreline fishing spot.

The lake didn’t disappoint, as my line started twitching within seconds of getting it in the water. At first, it was just small planters nibbling on the glob of power bait, but I soon had two nice, foot-long rainbows in the creel.

It’s a picturesque body of water, as you can see in the second photo as well.

Unfortunately, I had to stop fishing before I wanted to, as the fish were swallowing the bait, and it was impossible to release them without harm. So… leave ‘em there for the next guy if you can’t eat ‘em. That’s a good motto to follow.

The good fishing experience this morning could lead to another shot there on Saturday with my son, Doug. Hope the warming weather trend won’t kill the action.

No comments: