Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Last Stop in the Midwest

A week ago today we culminated our trip to the Midwest with a late afternoon stop in a northwest Chicago burb to pay a visit to my only remaining aunt and uncle, my dad’s sister Gloria, her husband Bob, and my cousins.

From left in the photo is cousin Rob, my second cousin Tina (carrying another Bears fan who’s due in July), cousin Larry (Tina’s dad), uncle Bob, aunt Gloria (sitting), cousin Dave, and Terry (sitting) Dave’s wife.

We were thrilled to be able to be together with the Brooks family for a (Chicago style) pizza fest. As usual, Gloria had enough pizza and other goodies to feed an army battalion; I’m sure they’re still enjoying left-overs.

Gloria and Bob first introduced me to black and white television back in the late 40’s and very early 50’s, as they were the first in our extended family to have a TV set. My mom and dad and I would go to their house almost weekly so I could watch The Lone Ranger round up bad guys and shoot guns out of killers' hands with silver bullets.

Fittingly, they gave me a Lone Ranger DVD to bring home and enjoy.

No comments: