Monday, April 30, 2007

Heading For Third On A Home Run Trip

We've hit a home run on our trip to Chicago and the midwest.

I caught a monster brown trout on Lake Michigan off Door County in Wisconsin while rounding first base; then while rounding second, we went to church in downtown Chicago's famed Fourth Presbyterian Church, a Gothic marvel, and later saw the fabulous musical Wicked in a downtown Theater courtesy of Kay Lynne's brother Rick, wife Danielle and daughter Kate; we head in a day or so for third base and a visit with the Brooks family (my dear aunt Gloria and uncle Bob and several cousins) all who live in northwest burbs, and then after rounding the base, we will head for home where we'll be greeted by our separation anxiety-prone dog, Buddy.

We're here primarily to celebrate Kay Lynne and Rick's birthdays together, which are on back-to-back days. They haven't celebrated birthdays together since evolving into adulthood (quite a long time ago :-). To say the least, we're having an incredible time.

I got a real nice "boost" while going from first to second when I learned that my son Gregg worked it out so he could join Doug and me for all four baseball games on our planned summer trip. That has given me joy beyond description, and I look forward with great anticipation to the exclusive, extended time with my sons. It'll be a once-in-a-lifetime happening.

O, by-the-way, I've got some incredible photos of the fish and of most of the experiences on this trip. I haven't figured out how to upload the pics remotely to this blog, so I'll post them when I get home in a few days. (This is called a "tease".) Talk to you down the blogging road..

No comments: