Friday, April 13, 2007

Back Home From Quick California Trip

After my last post, I snapped this photo near Livermore, California yesterday to demonstrate that it does, in fact, get green in the Golden State for a time each year.

This hilarious group of cows had my wife and me in stitches as they all stared at me taking their picture. I can only imagine their conversation:

“Hey gals, check out this guy leaning up against the car. You’d think he’d have something better to do than gawk at us through that little oblong box with only one eye. Maybe we oughta start charging admission.”

What cracked us up was the fact that they eyed every move we made and just stared motionlessly at us while chewing their cuds. They appeared to be very aware of what was going on.

As for the quick trip, we saw five different couples in three days plus a breakfast meeting with an old racquetball buddy from the 70’s. To say the least, we had a fabulous time.

Maybe tomorrow I’ll post the photo of a brand new fishing lake (reservoir) a little north of Livermore which has been created just in the last few years. It’s an amazing and quite beautiful accomplishment.

No comments: