Monday, January 01, 2007

So… What’s New?




Well, it’s January 1st, and that means the New Year is here.

From my vantage point, little has changed except the date. There’s still a war going on in Iraq. Most of you will go back to work tomorrow, and NFL playoffs begin Saturday.

I’m not much on New Years Resolutions, either. Hey, at my age, if I can pick ‘em up and put ‘em down, I’m happy. Whether or not I eat less, exercise more or work harder is of little material consequence, although all would admittedly be good.

It’s hard to get a meaningful perspective on the prospects of living in the latter half of one’s seventh decade. My mind still thinks I’m 30 (heck, I was forgetful then, too). However, what quickly brings me to reality are the body aches and pains.

I’ve been told to exercise more and my knees will hurt less. Right.

I’ve been advised to “eat right” (whole grains, cumquats and spinach?) and I’ll be healthier. Uh huh.

No matter what I do, or don’t do, my knees will hurt if I’m on my pins for too long. I still fight balancing my cholesterol. And my scale is off by 30 pounds.

Wait a minute, it’s time for dinner. Finally. I’ll look for the elliptical later on.

So, what’s new?

No comments: