Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Taking a Deep Breath

Today I had to spend much of the day dealing with several personal business things. So it was a good opportunity to pause, take a deep breath, and just reflect on what I’ve been focused on of late – my shifting spiritual formation.

Over the past couple of days I’ve also had several email exchanges with a couple of my old college cronies from the SF Bay Area. These back-and-forth missives through cyber space help to sharpen all of our thinking (I hope) and, from my perspective, offer some very important feedback for my own views.

I’ve known these guys for more years than probably any other friends I have. I value their input and have a high regard for their thoughtful views on “the faith”.

The process has been pleasantly rewarding. I’ve gained perspective, and I hope they have, too. Life-long friendships truly encompass a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment.

No comments: