Friday, November 30, 2007

Computer Crash

Well, I'm slowly getting back up to speed after my four-year-old laptop crashed yesterday morning. I was just starting to work on a story for the local newspaper when the screen went black.

Fortunately, we we able to salvage the harddrive from the old one, so I believe at this point that all or most of my data files and pics are still there. I should be able to use it in a "receptacle" device I bought that has a USB connection to this new laptop. It's going to take some time to get the old files and photos tranferred over, so it may be a few days before I can do much posting.

I love the new laptop, but I wish I were more patient! I'd like to have everything "just like it was" much faster than is possible. Really, I'm just thankful I didn't lose everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning from Sunny and cold California.

I must ask if your last sentance in your latest blog is a personal "lament" or is it computer-related?

Just wondering!

Anonymous said...

Isn't ambiguity wonderful? One can at times create as many questions as one tries to answer. I was referring to the data & pics on the harddrive.