Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Son Goes Green With His Car – er, Blue, Too


My grand-daughters and their mom & dad have traded their aging and struggling mini-van for a new (to them) hybrid automobile.

Their car will now emit far less poisons into the atmosphere, for instance, than my two older spewers of noxious vapors.

Gregg and Elaine chose a Toyota PRIUS, after extensive research to determine the best overall hybrid for their use.

Though they’re “going green” to a degree, the car is actually blue (photo). That’s not a bad pic Gregg sent from his cell phone camera.

I can’t explain how the hybrid works exactly, but I’m looking forward to experiencing it soon.

From what I do know, the Prius switches back and forth between the totally clean, rechargeable electric motor and a low-emissions gas-powered internal combustion engine to drastically reduce gas consumption (and emissions) and at the same time increase average gas mileage.

I also assume you have to drive it with a “light foot”; otherwise you could lose a lot of what you are wanting to gain. Go green, go blue!

No comments: