Wednesday, April 29, 2009

“See… I can eat this avocado all by myself!”


Spending a day or two each week with our rapidly growing baby grandson, Nathan, gives us the chance to enjoy occasions like the one shown above. He is very proud of his eating accomplishments!


Above, I think he’s saying, “I’m not going to swallow until you tell me how good I’m doing!”

You can click on either photo for a larger image.

Sure is a wonderful feeling of thanksgiving to see him progressing so well after his imperiled start in the neo-natal intensive care unit as a six-week “preemie”. He’s now approaching eight-months-old (May 8) and is quite the normal little guy in virtually every way.

Two things are especially good. He loves just about any kind of baby food, and he can throw a happy grin clear across the room. Plus, he takes perfect care of grandma and grandpa whenever we go to see him.

What could be better than grandkids (just check out recent posts)? Nada. At least from this old guy’s point of view.

No comments: