Sunday, November 16, 2008

“THAT’S My MOM!”

Our grandson Nathan was caught on camera yesterday by photographer dad Doug giving an adoring look at his mom Jamie. You can’t hear it, but Nathan is saying, “That’s my MOM.” He is rightfully proud.

Tomorrow Nathan is 10 weeks old, and he’s basically doing fine overall with the exception of a couple of hick-ups often common to “preemies.” A week from tomorrow he must return to the hospital environment for a day or so to have a pair of stomach wall surgical procedures. It is expected to be “routine,” but your prayers are always appreciated when a little guy must undergo anesthesia.

Grandma and grandpa got to spend all of Friday evening with Nathan and his mom and dad. Grandpa, of course, needed a nap after dinner, and Nathan joined him for a time (pic below). I didn’t actually fall asleep, as that is not acceptable with a baby on one’s lap, but I did “rest my eyes” a little. I must admit that Nathan sleeps a bit sounder on Grandma’s lap, but he seemed to do ok here. Grandmas and grandpas live for these times when they can enjoy their grandkids.


Later this evening I may have to give Nathan a phone call and offer him some “grandpa comfort,” as I hear he was a bit upset that his Seahawks lost again today. I suppose it could have been a gas bubble, but I don’t think so. His dad calmed him as much as he would be calmed and explained to Nathan that this is a character-building year for the Hawks. But I’m not sure Nathan is buying it. The little guy is very competitive. Hmmm… wonder where that comes from.

No comments: