Friday, February 15, 2008

Reading meme - I've been tagged.

I got tagged by Gregg in a "Reading meme," something new to me.

The rules of this meme are as follows:

1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123
3. Find the first 5 sentences
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people




The book nearest to me is Jesus' Plan For A New World, The Sermon on the Mount, by Franciscan Priest, Richard Rohr.

Here is how the quote come out:

They are not the patterns that cultures of money, power or religion will naturally perceive. It seems they have to break in or "be revealed" from outside the system. These "pattern stories" become very explicit in the teaching of Jesus, although in most cases he is building upon his Jewish roots.

Now, I tag:
1. Kelly and Jonathan
2. Prof. Groothuis

I just realized that my friends don't much blog. In fact, people my age hardly know what a blog is. The first people above are second cousins (read: younger generation), and I don't even know the second person I tagged, but I've read his blog. So if any of my two regular readers have some suggestions, email me, and I'll add them.

Or, if you don't blog, send me your book title and quote, and I'll post it.

No comments: